Making phone and Internet affordable for people with limited income.
Being connected is important in today's world, and AT&T believes people should have access to phone and Internet service.
If you are in a qualifying low-income household, you may be able to reduce your bill by getting a Lifeline discount on your home phone, wireless phone, or Internet service.
What is Lifeline?
Lifeline is a federal program that lowers the monthly cost of phone and Internet for qualifying customers. Eligible customers will get at least a $5.25 discount on their phone bill* or a discount of $9.25 on their Internet bill. Qualifying customers who live on federally recognized tribal lands may get up to an additional $25 discount.
You can get one Lifeline discount (phone or Internet, but not both) per household, not per person, and a household can get a Lifeline discount from only one provider.
AT&T also offers low-cost home Internet service to qualifying households that participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits in California. Go here for more information about Access from AT&T.
* Effective 12/1/20, the federal government is reducing the Lifeline discount on stand-alone voice service from $7.25 to $5.25 per month.
Do I qualify?
You may qualify for a Lifeline discount based on:
1. Your income - You may be eligible for a Lifeline discount if your income is 135% or less than the federal poverty guidelines.
2. Participation by you or someone else in your household in one of the following federal assistance programs:
- ? ? ??? Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- ? ? ??? Medicaid
- ? ? ??? Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- ? ? ??? Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- ? ? ??? Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- ? ? ??? Tribal Programs (and live on federally-recognized Tribal lands)
AT&T provides a Lifeline discount on home phone or Internet in certain areas of the following states. Call for availability at your specific location. Any additional information for your state is available by clicking on a link below.
For more information on where Lifeline discounts are available on your AT&T wireless service, click?here.
Customers qualifying for a Lifeline discount on their AT&T Internet must be a current AT&T Internet customer at an eligible location and must subscribe to a plan that meets the Lifeline program’s minimum service standards.
Qualifying customers will need to recertify every year to maintain their Lifeline discount. You’ll need to do this within 60 days of notification, or you’ll lose your Lifeline discount.
How do I apply?
- ? ???California?:?Please call?800.288.2020?(Weekdays, 6am to 6pm, Pacific Time) to start the application process.
- ????Texas: Please?apply online?or call?866.454.8387?to start the application process.
- ????Outside?California and Texas:?Please?apply online?via the National Verifier. You can also download and print a copy of the application. Once you have applied and been approved by the National Verifier, call us at 855.301.0355?(Weekdays, 8am to 8pm, Eastern Time) to see if AT&T offers Lifeline at your location.
Additional Lifeline information
You may also be eligible for an installation credit. Ask for more details when you call.